Bicycle Water Bottle. Cycling Bottles Care.
Cycling, either casual or the endurance riders, need to stay hydrated. There are three ways to keep hydrated, bottled water, a specially designed bottle for cycling, and the multi-use bubi bottle. A specially designed bicycle water bottle is much better to sit in the holder than a plastic bottle. This is because of the rough roads; there is a risk that the plastic bottle will fall during the bicycle ride and make an unsafe situation.
How to choose the capacity of a bicycle water bottle?
At first, decide the distances you plan to travel. It would be best if you had a water bottle of maximum volume for long distances since you will drink a lot along the way. As a general rule, an average adult weighing 155–160 pounds should drink 12–16 ounces of fluid per hour of cycling in moderate to cooler temperatures. For more intense rides in warmer weather, you may need to consume two to four 16-ounce bottles per hour.Cycling water bottles Bubi are available in sizes 14 oz, 22oz, 35 oz, and in colors to compliment your bike.
Bicycle water bottle bubi. Drink on the go.
Bubi has a specially designed silicone bottle, which offers many advantages for casual or competitive cyclists. All three sizes, 14, 22, and 35 oz, fit in the bottle holders. Imagine a 1ltr bottle for your ride. Adding the flip cap provides single-hand use as you ride, and because you can squeeze the bottle, your eyes never blocked by the bottle. Also, the bicycle water bottle can be frozen full and will melt along the way, and I have heard many competitive riders use icepacks to stay cool before and during a ride. Imagine using the same bottle to drink the water later. And the bonus when empty, you can roll your bicycle bottle and place it in your pocket. Have Fun Biking website, has recommended the bottle as a great Father’s day gift to your biking and adventure dads. They say “The perfect reusable bottle to take with, wherever he goes.”
Bike water bottle holder
Using a stylish bottle holder can make even long-distance cycling comfortable. Because the bottle is flexible, we recommend using a holder that grabs 360 around the bottle, not using the metal open-sided cycle bottle holder.
So, go and have an enjoyable ride, and keep in mind – If you feel light-headed, dazed, or begin to get a cerebral pain while outriding, please stop and look for shade (or better still a cooled room) and call for help ASAP. Lack of hydration is a significant issue for competitors on hot days and can prompt passing.
Recommendations for long-distance bicycle water consumption
- On days that will be blistering, drink 300 to 500 ml of water when you wake up before anything else. If you have a lemon, press a portion of its juice in with the bottle to awaken your digestive system.
- Drink 300 to 500 ml of liquid, water 1 to 2 hours before your cycling exercise to get a head start. This is especially significant on the more blistering hot days.
- Supplanting liquid lost when practicing with an electrolyte drink. Proof shows that individuals hydrating with plain water don’t replace electrolytes, for example, sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and chloride, bringing about a dramatic drop in execution.
- When cycling, drink before you get parched. Taste on the water and the electrolyte drink on those hot days. Preferably focus around 1.25 to 1.5 liters of liquid an hour on sweltering days.
- Hydrate and recharge after every single bicycle ride. Don’t simply return home and have some water! You have to supplant protein, sugars, electrolytes, and water to recuperate your body and prepare it for the following days remaining task at hand.
Cycling bottles care
Manufacturers of bicycle equipment and accessories recommend regular maintenance. After each ride, they suggested cleaning the bike, gears, and of course, the bicycle water bottle of any road dirt. Never let the dust accumulate; it will affect the performance of the bike.
Suppose you add an energy and hydration additives designed for cycling, which serves two purposes: providing carbohydrate to fuel activity and replacing vital electrolytes that can be lost when sweating. You will want to clean the bottles for the next time. The bubi cycle bottle can be washed in the dishwasher or turn them inside out to clean—no bottle brushes. This process also takes care of any microorganisms and mold, which affects the taste and unpleasant odor.
2 thoughts on “Bicycle Water Bottle. Cycling Bottles Care.”
I’ve found myself needing to up my hydration game since I started riding. And, while this post is great for those of you that don’t ride or just need some reassurance, read on if you have a serious question about weight and drinking water. If you’re like me and your brain is telling you that drinking water makes you gain weight (and thus want to do everything in your power not to drink any), listen up. There are a lot of confusion and half-truths when it comes down to this issue so hopefully this post can help clear things up.
After reading this, I think I seriously need to up my hydration game when riding! I’m clearly not drinking enough water on the bike.